The Ultimate Party Meatball Recipe
I found a similar recipe a long time ago and I've tweaked it over time to what I've got now and my husband gets so excited when he sees me making them for dinner. Now, as you read keep in mind that you can, of course, make your own meatballs. I usually do but for weeknight dinners, I reach for the frozen premade ones to help cut down cooking time for this busy family. This meatball dish takes probably about 40 min start to finish to make and it pairs really well with rice if you aren't feeling a sandwich.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 500 kcal
What you'll need:
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks WITH the juice
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 c brown sugar I use light
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs ground pepper
- 1 Tbs lemon juice fresh if possible
- 3 lbs meatballs if using frozen make sure you thaw them.
Let's cook this thing!
1) Combine the pineapple chunks and juice, bell pepper, brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, pepper, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Mix it up until the sugar and cornstarch dissolve.
2) Bring it to a boil and boil until the mixture is thick. This should take no more than 10 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent it from burning and sticking to the pan.
3) In a large pot (or pan, whatever fits the meatballs) put the meatballs in and pour the mixture over the meatballs. Give it a good stir to coat the meatballs. *
4) Cover pot and simmer on low for 25 min. Stir it occasionally to prevent sticking and to ensure even coating.
5) Get ready to blow everyone's minds with some amazing meatballs.
* If making these for a large crowd and you don't have a large pot available, a crockpot on low works just fine as well plus if you have one like I do it makes transporting food insanely easy because the lid locks.